Pork & Rosemary Manwich.
Chocolate Hazelnut SpreadIngredients
- 1½ c hazelnuts, skinned
- 1-2 tbsp hazelnut or vegetable oil
- 3/4 c powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp high-quality cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp soy powder
- ¼ tsp vanillaInstructions
source (includes instructions on skinning hazelnuts to reduce bitterness)
- Toast hazelnuts in oven (or toaster oven) at 350° for ~20 minutes, tossing them frequently so as not to burn the nuts.
- While still hot, grind in a blender until nuts break down into nut butter, adding vanilla and a little oil during the blending process.
- Once a coarse nut butter has been formed, add cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and soy powder, adding more oil as needed.
- Blend until spread reaches desired consistency.
Roasted grape, goat cheese + honey stuffed sweet potatoes.